What is Motivation and How Can You Get Motivated
How many times have you started enthusiastically a weight loss program, began a bodybuilding or aerobics training program, or started learning a foreign language, only to stop after a short while?
Often, there is lack of motivation, or only a short-lived one.
Motivation has become a popular term nowadays. There are motivational coaches and speakers, and motivational books and articles. What is it actually, and why do you need it?
Motivation is a driving force. In order to accomplish anything, you need a driving force, otherwise nothing will happen. A wish is not strong enough to make you take action. A wish is a weak desire. Only a strong desire can drive you forward, to act and accomplish aims and goals.
In order to get motivated, you need to know exactly what it is that you want, to possess a strong desire, and to be willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish your goal.
It easier to display motivation in connection with short-term goals. When it comes to long-term goals, it is not always possible to sustain the motivation for a longer period of time. This is why it is wiser to start with small goals, and after gaining experience with being motivated, you proceed to bigger goals.
If you desire to get a certain object, or accomplish a certain goal, but you don't feel motivated enough to act, it means that the desire or goal are not important enough. To be motivated to take action and do something in respect to your goal, you need to possess a strong desire.
Motivation has much to do with the emotions and the imagination, which means that if you want to increase it, you have to work on your feelings and imagination.
"If you fell down yesterday, stand up today."
Tips to Increase Your Motivation:
1. Think and analyze your desire, to find out whether you really want to achieve it, and whether it is worth the effort and time.
2. Make your goal very clear. Writing it down will help.
3. Think often about your goal or desire.
4. Visualize your goal as already accomplished, and shut your mind to doubts and disbelief.
5. Read books or articles about the subject of your goal.
"If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it."
6. Read about people who have achieved success. This is quite inspiring
7. Think often, about the benefits you will gain by achieving your goal. This will increase your desire and motivation
8. Visualize, and think about how you would feel after achieving your goal.
9. Repeat positive affirmations such as: "I have the desire and inner strength to achieve my goal". Repeat this affirmation often, with attention and belief.
10. Start taking small steps toward your goal right now. Don't wait for the right opportunity and time.
Motivation is the powerful engine that moves you toward success and accomplishments in every area of your life.
An Ultimate Collection of 31 Quotes from Madonna to Teach you to be Yourself.
Madonna is no doubt an icon of our times. She stands out for her uniqueness and creativity and her ability to "say it as it is". Here is an ultimate collection of 31 Quotes from Madonna to teach you to be yourself no matter what.
45 Life Lessons from a 90 Year Old that will Inspire you.
The longer the time you spend on earth the more earthly "Wisdom" you will pick up. Experience moulds you into seeing the world for what it really is, here are 45 life lessons from a 90 year old to teach you about the things that really matter.
A Collection of Quotes from Keanu Reeves to Give you an Insight into His Wonderful Mind
Most men want to be like Keanu Reeves and most women want to be wooed by him. Here are a small collection of Quotes from this amazing Actor who has had his fair share of tragedy and yet inspires many with his passion.